Sunday, August 29, 2021

ENC1101--Due Dates and Expectations


Scholars,

You are expected to have completed the reading of Walker's essay by Wednesday, September 1, and Angelou's essay by Friday, September 3.

For every reading in this class, you are required to look up the definitions of words you do not know and write the definitions in an electronic document or in a binder or notebook. I may check to see them for a grade.

For every reading in this class, you are required to have at least one annotation per paragraph. The annotations mean highlighted text and a comment or question (see the link to "How to Take Notes" on this website and/or "How to Annotate" on Canvas). 

I could ask at any time to see your work for a grade. I could also give you an assessment on the due date or beyond.

Please note: If I tell you due dates and expectations in class, write that information down. I may not always post. Practice your listening skills. For students who may be at home because of quarantine, be sure to listen to the due dates I announce in class and write them down.

If and when I ask you to submit an assignment to Canvas, the submission should be a Word document, MLA format. For now, I am not asking for annotations to be submitted.

Also remember to check this website and Canvas at least once a day.

Also remember to communicate with me by the school email, not Canvas.

james.mulhern@browardschools.com

Thank you.